Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Things I Could Have Been Doing While I Was Not Blogging

I like the word "indolence." It makes my laziness seem classy. ~Bern Williams


1. Turning 18
2. Going psycho on a customer
3. Going psycho on my boyfriend
4. Playing with my new dolls
5. Knitting, crocheting, and other handicrafts
6. Wearing jewelry
7. Eloping
8. Moving to Oklahoma to become the pioneer woman’s apprentice
9. Seriously injuring myself playing Twister
10. Becoming mired in a 3-week game of Risk
11. Helping with Vacation Bible School
12. Getting ready for college

Now, you guess, true or false. Hint: the answers are below.

1. True! I am now of age to buy tobacco products and lottery tickets. I have not bought either, and I don’t intend to ever buy the first, but the fact stands that I could.
2. False. Aren’t you proud of my restraint?
3. Mm…true…but only once. And he really did need the chastising.
4. False! Ha. I bet you were all set to say “true” on that one, but I got you by a technicality. I only have one new doll. So in the plural, that’s incorrect. I did get my beautiful new doll though, yes; her name is Mia and she’s gorgeous and wonderful and I love her. And I played with all of them. And sent my poor Addy to the doll hospital for an out-of-joint leg. But only one technically new doll. Admit it, I got you on that one.
5. Absolutely. And trying to remember the linen stitch, too.
6. Surprisingly true, for somebody who never used to wear jewelry.
7. Hahaha, absolutely not. Just thought I’d throw it in there for giggles.
8. Also untrue, but wouldn’t it be fun?
9. So totally false. Flexibility is completely a plus in Twister, as are long limbs. I win.
10. See, this is why I don’t play Risk. So, it wasn’t 3 weeks. But still, an hour is a while.
11. Mercifully false. Mercifully, mercifully, mercifully.
12. Completely true, sadly and happily.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

grin! You always make me smile...