Sunday, September 19, 2010

Mugshot.

"If you are cold, tea* will warm you. If you are too heated, it will cool you. If you are depressed, it will cheer you. If you are excited, it will calm you down."
--Gladstone, 1865

*This post is not about tea. But it's a lot harder to find quotes about hot beverages besides tea and coffee, and I'm more of a tea drinker than a coffee drinker, and this quote's principle stands.


This looks good, doesn't it? Nice and hot. Here, I'll give you a better view.


Hot chocolate, anyone?

Well...if you want some, then you'd better make some yourself.

Because this isn't hot chocolate at all.

Wanna guess its true identity? I'll give you about five seconds.

One...two...three...four...five.

It's hot milk with Nutella. Nutella milk! So basically, it's chocolate-hazelnut milk. And it is SO good. In fact, I think I could probably drink it every day for the rest of the semester, except that would entail my buying a ridiculous amount of milk, so maybe we'll go for every other day.

But you heard it here first, remember--this is my most brilliant cooking idea ever. Or at least since I remembered to do the eggs in a basket the other day. Try it sometime! Just heat up a cup or two of milk in a saucepan and whisk in a big spoonful or two of Nutella (don't worry; it melts easily), or do it the easy college student way and heat up a mug of milk in the microwave for two minutes and stir in a big spoonful of the good chocolatey stuff. I expect you'd get smoother results doing it the first way, but you'll get foam from stirring so hard the second way, so it's a win-win situation, you know?

1 comment:

Rachel said...

oh my goodness!!! Leave it to you! I will so try this! Heading to buy Nutella in the tomorrow! You are amazing you know... :)

And only you could make yourself so at home so far away from home just by being you...